What is your cancellation Policy?
We know that plans can change, so we’ll do everything we can to accommodate unavoidable changes to your stay
- If you cancel more than six weeks in advance, we’ll refund everything you’ve paid.
- If you cancel two to six weeks before you stay, we can’t guarantee you a refund. However, we’ll release your dates, and if someone else books them, we’ll refund you at the rate of the new booking, (this might be lower than you paid) minus a £50 administration fee.
- We regret that we can’t refund the cost of any bookings, extras or special requests if you cancel less than two weeks before the start of your stay.
- Occasionally, events outside our control can affect our guests’ bookings. If we’re unable to provide accommodation ourselves, we’ll do our best to arrange an alternative through another holiday provider – but sadly we can’t guarantee this. If we’re unable to honour your booking, we’ll refund your payment in full.
We strongly recommend travel insurance to cover any changes in circumstances for your stay. All cancellations must be confirmed by email.
Are pets welcome?
We welcome dogs on the property and hope we have made the property as comfortable for your pets as for you.
We request that pets remain in the non-carpeted rooms of the property. Keep pet(s) off the furniture – including the sofa and beds and put their bagged waste straight in the outside bin. We understand your beloved pets have bodily needs, but we’d rather that they used the purpose built dog run for their toilet trips rather than the main garden. You are still required to clean up this area after your dog, bagging and binning waste in the main black bin. This will keep the main lawn clean for all guests. You’re welcome to walk your dogs around the farm but please keep them to the roads and the walkways. Please do not leave pets unattended anywhere on the premises.Our shed, to which you will have access, also includes a dog bed for wet pooches should they need to dry off. Dog bed and dog towels are provided.
Please make us aware of how many dogs you intend to bring with you when booking. Not all our guests are animal lovers, so please be considerate inside and outside the cottage.
Is your property wheelchair accessible?
We regret that due to the age and structure of the building, that the property is not accessible by wheelchair.
What are your Covid-19 protocols?
We have a minimum of 24 hours between guests. Fresh air and moving air currents are very beneficial in dispersing Covid virus. All guests, including those vacating the cottage before your stay, will be asked to open all the windows and leave them open on departure. Guests will be asked to bag their used linen and put all bathroom and kitchen towels in the bin bags provided and to leave them in the shed.
Argaty Cottage is cleaned by a professional cleaner who will deep clean the premises prior to your arrival and apply virucide to all work surfaces, door handles and other touch points.
Can I store my bike safely?
Yes, there is a lockable shed at the back of the house to which you will have access
Is there private parking?
Yes, there is private parking at the property with space for 2 vehicles.
Are there nearby dog walks?
There are plenty of walkable spaces around the farm and the surrounding area. However, as is it a working farm, all dogs must be kept on a lead whilst walking on the farm due to livestock.
Is there public transport to the property?
There is a limited bus from the nearest village Doune (1 mile) to Deanston, Dunblane, Callander and Stirling. Best to check online for updated timetables. (Please note, the stone bus stop at Argaty is no longer in use)
In Dunblane (3 miles away) there are regular trains with connections to all major routes, including the north of Scotland, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
Please check with the train station for timetables (Address: Station Rd, Dunblane FK15 9ET) or check online at https://www.thetrainline.com/
- Doune Taxis – 07789 430 894
- Dunblane Taxis – 01786 818 156
- D & S Taxis – 01786 821 010
- Copeland Taxi Dunblane – 01786 824444 / 07442 507 810
- Stirling Taxis – 01786 343434 (App also available online for booking)
Please note, these taxi services must be booked ahead as many offer a rural taxi service.
Is there a hot tub?
No, there is not a hot tub on our property
Where can I purchase wood for the stove?
We provide you with some complimentary wood for your stove or chiminea. Additional wood can be purchased from the farm; call 07815 557 184 to order.
Doune (1 mile) has both a small Co-op and Spar shop. You will also find the Information Centre there if you are looking for more detailed information on local attractions
Dunblane (3.5 miles) has an M&S Food, Tesco supermarket and a choice of local produce available, including 2 x butcher shops.
There are a number of cafes, pubs and restaurants in Doune, Dunblane and surrounding Stirlingshire. Our welcome pack on arrival at the cottage includes a list of local eateries
What is included in the stay
Please check out our Gallery and information page to see the cottage amenities.